FBI History Check
As an approved FBI Channeler, our convenient nationwide network of IdentoGO Centers can securely capture and transmit your individual information to the FBI and safely allow you to access your Federal background check results.
NOTE: This information is for personal use only, NOT for employment or licensing submission.
- What is an FBI Identity Check?
An FBI Identity History Check is a report that summarizes felony criminal arrest and conviction records submitted from ALL 50 states and the District of Columbia to the FBI. This service is provided in accordance with U.S. Departmental Order 556-73 that states an individual may obtain a copy of his/her FBI criminal identification record, upon request, for their personal review and correction purposes, and to challenge the information on record, and other court-related matters. Of note, this information is for your personal use only, and not for employment or licensing submission
- Why do I need FBI Identity Check?
- To verify your individual information is accurate
- To review in advance of an employer, an agency, or anyone else
- To request a correction if information is inaccurate
- To satisfy possible requirements for adopting a child in the United States or internationally
- To satisfy a possible requirement to live, work or travel in a foreign country
- I’ve never committed a crime, why would I need an FBI Identity History Check?
Just because you’ve never personally committed a crime doesn’t mean that someone else didn’t while using your identity. Or, maybe there was mistaken identity with someone who shares your same name? It’s key to make sure your FBI Background and History Check is correct! Learn how faulty FBI files can impact your life.
- How do I obtain an FBI Identity History Check?
It’s easy! Visit a local IdentoGO Centers, securely provide your fingerprints which we will submit electronically to the FBI. A link will be emailed to you to safely access your Federal background check results. Click on the Schedule an Appointment Today link above to locate your nearest center.